Any Nero with a controller button flashing red/blue or red/teal is an indication of a stall error. This could mean the unit is overheating, or the motor/impeller is being obstructed. To troubleshoot this error, follow the steps below.
- Disconnect the power cable from your Nero controller
- Disassemble the Nero motor and soak in a 50/50 hot water/vinegar solution for 1 hour
- Rinse and clean motor components
- Re-install the Nero motor in your aquarium
- With power still disconnected, press and hold the controller button.
- Reconnect power, continue holding the controller button.
- Release button once indicator begins flashing red.
- Open the myAI app and locate your Nero
- Add/Firmware update as directed by myAI
For more assistance with disassembling and cleaning your Nero motor, please see the following instructional video.
Important note: The Nero is a submersible powerhead and should never be run "dry" or outside of the aquarium. This will inevitably cause damage to your motor and impeller which is not covered under warranty.